The Motorola Droid on Verizon Wireless has got an update to Android 2.0.1 update via OTA (Over The Air).
The Changelog of Android 2.0.1 on Motorola Droid is as follows:
- The OS stability is improved.
- Battery life has improved.
- Enhancements for three-way calling.
- Audio for incoming calls has improved.
- When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now remains on.
- The Bluetooth functionality has improved and the background echo has now been eliminated. Bluetooth phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle Bluetooth solutions has been improved.
- After closing a GPS application, the GPS icon will now automatically be removed from the notification panel.
- Users can now receive SMS and MMS messages after an EMS message is received.
- SMS and MMS may now be sent to any seven digit addresses.
- Google contact merging has been updated to accommodate seven-digit numbers.
- Visual Voice Mail notices now arrive instantaneously.
- The corporate calendar widget user interface is updated.
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download, you can visit verizonwireless.com/droidsupport.
If you possess a Droid and have received the 2.0.1 update, do let us know your views on how it works and also any feature that we might have missed above.