Samsung and Google are just a couple of hours away from announcing the Ice Cream Sandwich and the much rumored Samsung Galaxy Nexus at an event in Hong Kong.
However much before the event, NTT DoCoMo, the largest Japanese carrier seems to have spilled the beans in a tweet that says, “the latest Android OS smartphone with Google and Samsung Electronics [will be] announced on October 19 in Hong Kong tomorrow. DoCoMo is almost equivalent to the fastest in the world, scheduled for release in November. More later.”
Besides that, an Italian blog Android HDBlog has managed to get a full size image of the phone along with specs which match with the rumored specs of Galaxy Nexus i.e dual core 1.2GHz OMAP4460 processor, 5 megapixel camera, 4.65-inch AMOLED display and 1GB RAM. The blog has also confirmed that the device will be coming out on NTT DoCoMo on 20th November which ties in with NTT Docomo’s tweet mentioned above.
The specifications of Samsung Galaxy Nexus aka Nexus Prime include:
- Model: GT-I9250, GT-I9250T, GT-I9250M, SC-04D, SCH-I515.
- Dimensions (length x width x thickness): 136.0 × 68.0 × 8.8mm fine piece – 11.5mm(thickest part).
- Weight: Approximately 135 g.
- OS: Google Android version 4.0 ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’.
- Chipset: Texas Instruments Omap4460 CPU: ARM Cortex-A9 MP Core SMP (Dual-Core) CPU operating frequency: 1.2 GHz
- GPU Image Technologies PowerVR SGX 540
- Communication Systems (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M/GT-I9250M/SC-04D): W-CDMA, GSM phone (SCH-I515): LTE, CDMA2000 Packet (GT-I9250/GT-I9250M / GT-I9250M/SC -04D): HSPA, EDGE, GPRS (SCH-I515): LTE, EV-DO Rev.
- AMOLED HD : 4.65 inches Resolution 720 x1280. Maximum number of simultaneous colors Main Display: 16,777,216 color touch screen: capacitive (multi-touch),
- 5 megapixel CMOS camera with LED flash Video recording 1080pHD (1920 * 1080)
- Micro USB 2.0
- Communications Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- Wireless LAN Communication: IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz Dual-Band 5.xGHz)
- RAM: 1GB
- Battery Capacity: 1750mAh
- Notification LED